Callout blocks are useful for highlighting specific text or breaking it out from the rest of a document. Perhaps you want to add a warning, a tip, etc. Here's what one looks like:
Add a callout
- Click the
+that appears in the left-hand margin when you hover over a new line. Scroll to select
Calloutfrom the menu that pops up.
- You can also type
enterto add it to your page.
- Move your callout block around your page by using the
⋮⋮icon that appears on hover as a handle to drag and drop it — including into columns.
Style your callout
- Every callout block comes with an icon. Click on it to change it to whatever you want.
- You can also upload your own icon image (ideal size is 280 x 280 pixels), or paste a link to the image you want.
Randomto cycle through randomly generated emoji options until you like one!
- Change the color of the callout block itself (or the text inside the block) by clicking the
⋮⋮icon that appears to the left on hover.
Colorand choose from the background color menu to change the entire block's color. Choosing
Defaultturns the block white with a light gray outline.
- Selecting a non-black color for the text turns the block white with a light gray outline.
- You can also change text and background colors with the shortcut
/and typing the name of the color you want.
Modify or delete callout
From one menu, you can choose to delete, duplicate, move, transform, comment on, or copy an anchor link to your callout block.
- Click the
⋮⋮icon that appears to the left when you hover over your callout. From there, you can select
- You can also access this menu by selecting your callout and typing
/. Type what you want to do to jump right to that option.
- In this same menu, you can click
Copy Linkin order to copy and share the anchor link to that callout block.
Moveto choose another page where you want the callout block to live.
Commentto make a comment on the callout block's content. You can always type
@followed by someone's name to get their attention on this content too.
Turn Intoto choose another format for the content in your callout block. For example, you could turn it into a bullet, heading, to-do item, toggle, and more.
Something we didn't cover? Message us in the app by clicking
?at the bottom right on desktop (or in your sidebar on mobile). Or email us at email@example.com ✌️