You can embed any Google Maps location into a Notion page with the slash command
/mapby simply pasting in the URL. But did you know you can embed a map with walking, biking, transit, or driving directions too? Here's how 🚃
- In Google Maps, search for the first location. Click
- Search for your second location.
- Click the
Detailsbutton for your desired route.
- Click the
- In the popup, click
Embed a Mapbefore you click the
- You've just copied some text to your clipboard that looks this:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m28!1m12!1m3!1d51861.076701187034!2d139.6697887544098!3d35.66918853026026!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!4m13!3e3!4m5!1s0x60188b4fbed0f881%3A0xd6f9dafad72a5ca9!2sTsutaya+Daikanyama%2C+17-5+Sarugakuch%C5%8D%2C+Shibuya+City%2C+Tokyo%2C+Japan!3m2!1d35.6488704!2d139.6997597!4m5!1s0x60186092cf48325d%3A0x24ac346bd72018a3!2sKinokuniya+Shinjuku+Main+Store%2C+3-ch%C5%8Dme-17-7+Shinjuku%2C+Shinjuku+City%2C+T%C5%8Dky%C5%8D-to+163-8636%2C+Japan!3m2!1d35.6922329!2d139.7030116!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1566350400571!5m2!1sen!2sus" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- The URL (highlighted in red) is the only part you need. If you paste the whole thing, it won't work!
- In Notion, use
/mapto create a Google Map embed.
- Paste the URL portion of the code you copied. Voilà ✨
Something we didn't cover? Message us in the app by clicking
?at the bottom right on desktop (or in your sidebar on mobile). Or email us at email@example.com ✌️