You can export any full-page database as a CSV file. Here's how:
- Click the
•••icon at the top right of any Notion page.
Export. A small window will pop up at the center of your screen asking which format you want to download the file in and whether you want to include sub-pages.
Markdown & CSVfrom the dropdown menu. Switch on
include subpagesif you want to download all of the pages in your database as separate files.
Exportto download a zip file to your hard drive containing your CSV files.
- Name the file and choose where you want to save it.
- You can open these files in Excel, Numbers, etc. to view your data.
- Tap the
•••icon at the upper right of your screen.
- Scroll down and tap
Markdown & CSVfrom the menu labeled
Exportand the share menu on your phone will pop up, from which:
- You can send the file to a computer via AirDrop on Mac.
- You can copy and paste the download link into your mobile browser to start the download.
- You can paste the download link into your notes for later.
- You'll also receive an email from Notion with a link to download the file.
I'm not seeing an export option in my
•••menu. What's the deal?Export might be turned off for your workspace. Admins can turn off this option in the
Security & SAMLtab of
Settings & Membersto keep workspace data internal.
The download window told me it would send me an email with the zip file, but I didn't receive one?If a file is very large (depending on the number of sub-pages included), we may send you an email with a download link rather than automatically starting a download. This is not always the case. No email will be sent if you were able to download the file right away.
Something we didn't cover? Message us in the app by clicking
?at the bottom right on desktop (or in your sidebar on mobile). Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ✌️