Any Notion page or database can be exported as an HTML file. Here's how:
- Click on the
•••icon at the top right of any Notion page you want to export.
Export. A window will pop up at the center of your screen asking what format you want to download and whether to include sub-pages.
HTMLfrom the dropdown. Switch on
Include subpagesif you want to download the pages contained inside the page as separate files.
Exportto download a zip file containing an HTML version of your Notion page(s). You get to choose where the file is saved, and you can open these files using your browser.
- If you export with sub-pages included, you'll see them neatly organized in their own folders when you unzip the file. These folders will also contain the images and other assets on your pages saved separately. Like so (on Mac):
- Tap the
•••icon at the upper right of your screen.
- Scroll down and tap
HTMLfrom the menu labeled
- If you want separate HMTL files for the pages contained in the page, turn on
Exportand the share menu on your device will pop up, from which:
- You can send the file to a nearby computer via AirDrop on Mac.
- You can copy and paste the download link into your mobile browser to start the download.
- You can paste the download link into your notes for later.
- You'll also receive an email from Notion with the link to download the file.
I'm not seeing an export option in my
•••menu. What's the deal?Export might be turned off for your workspace. Admins can turn off this option in the
Security & SAMLtab of
Settings & Membersto keep workspace data internal.
The download window told me it would send me an email with the zip file, but I didn't receive one.If a file is very large (depending on the number of sub-pages included), we may send you an email with a download link rather than automatically starting a download. This is not always the case. No email will be sent if you were able to download the file right away.
Something we didn't cover? Message us in the app by clicking
?at the bottom right on desktop (or in your sidebar on mobile). Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ✌️