You can save any Notion page or database to your computer as a PDF file. This is one way to back up your information if you want to keep it in some form on your hard drive. 📥
- Click the
•••icon at the upper right corner of any Notion page.
Exportfrom the dropdown menu. A window will pop up in the center of your screen asking which format you want to download the page in and whether to include sub-pages.
Page format(i.e. paper size) you want.
Export. You'll be asked where you want to save the file and it will download as a PDF.
- If you're on an Enterprise Plan, you can switch on the
Include subpagesoption. This will generate a zip file containing all the pages nested inside the current page as PDF files. Notion will send you an email with a link to download this file.
- The zip file will also include folders of images and other assets contained in these pages.
You can export Notion pages as PDF from your phone with these steps:
- Tap the
•••icon in the upper right corner of any page.
- Scroll down and select
- Customize the
Page formatany way you want.
Exportand the share menu on your phone will pop up. From there:
- You can send the PDF to a computer via AirDrop on Mac.
- You can copy and paste the download link into your mobile browser to start the download.
- You can paste the download link into your notes for later.
- You'll also receive an email with a link to download the file.
- If you're on an Enterprise Plan, you can turn on
Include subpagesto export all of the pages contained within the current page as separate PDF files. In this case, your download will be a zip file containing multiple PDFs and image/asset files.
I'm not seeing an export option in my
•••menu. What's the deal?Export might be turned off for your workspace. Admins can turn off this option in the
Security & SAMLtab of
Settings & Membersto keep workspace data internal.
Something we didn't cover? Message us in the app by clicking
?at the bottom right on desktop (or in your sidebar on mobile). Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ✌️