If you want to be notified of changes and comments made on a particular page by other people, you can choose to follow that page.
How to follow
- You automatically follow pages you create or edit.
- Otherwise, you can follow a page by clicking
Updatesat the top right on the page, and switching on the
Follow This Pagetoggle.
- Tap the clock icon at the top right of any page.
This Pageand turn on the toggle to the right of
Follow This Page.
- Edits and comments made on a followed page (even if they don't involve you), are aggregated in the
All Updatesmenu in your sidebar under
Followed. Here's what they show:
- Text that has been added is highlighted in blue.
- Gray strikethrough text shows what has been removed.
- You can click on any edit to jump right to where it was made on the page.
- Revision history is also visible on the page itself when you click
Updatesat the top right.
- If revisions are made when you're not logged into Notion, you'll receive an email notification that shows them. Revisions don't trigger push or other types of notifications.
- You can unfollow a page at any time, even if you created it.
Updatesmenu at the top of any page (the same as
This Pageon mobile when you click the clock icon) is page-specific, and only useful for three things:
- It keeps a running list of revisions and comments made on the page.
- You can click the clock icon to the right of any of these revisions to view the version of the page that existed at that point in time in
- You can choose to follow or unfollow a page.
- Otherwise, refer to the
All Updatesmenu in your sidebar for workspace-wide updates.
I'm getting way too many notifications in
All Updates. What can I do?We have lots of room for improvement here, and hope to make notifications more customizable in the future!For the time being, you can unfollow any pages that are irrelevant/too noisy. Just turn off the
Follow This Pagetoggle in the
Updatesmenu at the top right of the page.
How can I get notified about page changes in Slack?You can integrate Notion with Slack to keep track of page revisions:
Updatesat the top right of the page you want to be notified about.
- Switch on
Connect Slack Channel.
- A dialog box will pop up to connect with your Slack account. Choose the channel on Slack where you'd like these notifications to appear.
Something we didn't cover? Message us in the app by clicking
?at the bottom right on desktop (or in your sidebar on mobile). Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ✌️