We're committed to complying with GDPR:
- We offer several data portability and management tools.
- We ask for consent for data collection.
- We're self-certified under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Data portability & management tools
- Import We currently provide tools to import from text & markdown files, CSV, Microsoft Word, HTML, Trello, Asana, Google Docs, Dropbox Paper, Quip, Evernote, and Workflowy. We plan to add more import options in the future, based on user feedback.
- Export Notion supports exporting in two ways. It is possible to export an entire workspace from the workspace settings menu. This will create a folder containing all documents in markdown format. Additionally, pages can be exported individually by navigating to them and selecting the export option from the page menu.
- Workspace deletion A workspace can be deleted at any time from the workspace settings menu. Upon requesting to delete a workspace, all content will immediately become inaccessible. After 30 days, the content will be deleted from our servers and can no longer be recovered.
- Workspace settings We provide tools to manage other workspace settings, such as name, members, and allowed email domains from our workspace settings menu.
For European customers, we show a consent dialog during signup that explains our data collection practices. Therefore, our lawful basis for collecting personal data is consent.
We use analytics services to improve the product and troubleshoot customer issues. These include Intercom, Amplitude, Segment, Crashlytics, Snowflake, and Loggly.
A customer may withdraw their consent and delete their account at any time by deleting their workspaces via our workspace settings menu.
We self-certify under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. These certifications help define a framework for data protection requirements when transferring personal data between the European Union and Switzerland and the United States.
- Amazon Web Services (USA)
- Amplitude (USA)
- Segment (USA)
- Crashlytics (USA)
- Intercom (USA)
- Loggly (USA)
- Snowflake (USA)
Something we didn't cover? Message us in the app by clicking
?at the bottom right on desktop (or in your sidebar on mobile). Or email us at email@example.com ✌️