Comments are enabled on this page 👍
This page describes how to implement the suggestion described in the Reddit Post linked to the right. This creates a "Global Tag Database" that can be used to keep tags consistent across databases.
Part One - Create your Tag Database (Gallery View)
- Create a New Page; Select Table; Name this "Tags Database"
- In this table, add a row for each Tag you want to use; add an icon to show an emoji for it
- To create the view shown in the reddit post, create a Gallery View
- Under Properties>Card Preview, Select None.
Part Two - Connecting Databases to your Tag Database
- In a new or existing database, remove (or rename) the existing "Tags" Property - we won't be using that for this purpose
- Add a Relational Property that links to the Tag Database created above
Part Three - Using your Tag Database
- To add tags, edit the Relational property created in step 2
- Click the + button next to the tag(s) you want to add, or the x next to one you want to remove,
See the screenshot below for a visual example:
[Ex] Tagged Shopping List
Change log3/22/2019 - after testing the above post for my own use, I added instructions and turned the page public11/2/2019 - this page got some activity! I added and rearranged a few things12/6/2019 - ^^^^2/14/2020❤ - Checking in. Updating some dates. Happy Valentine's Day6/2/2020 - Can't believe that was only four months ago.Anyway, I made @Jereon Strompf's comment more visible with a callout.Sushi Meil requests screenshots which I will hopefully get to one day! 🍣