You can download Notion on your Android phone or tablet for easy access on the go. Read, edit and comment on any of your Notion content from the mobile app. You can also use Notion Web Clipper with the app to save any web page to your workspace ✂️📱
Download the app
- On your device's browser, go to www.notion.so.
- Click the button on the homepage to download Notion for your device.
- You'll be taken to the Google Play Store where you can download the app for free!
- You can also go to the Play Store app on your device and search for Notion.
- Sign in with your email and you're all set.
Differences on mobile
Go here for a full tour of what Notion's workspace looks like and how it works on mobile. Here's a quick summary of what is different between the desktop and mobile experience:
The sidebar looks different
- The sidebar is hidden by default, but can be revealed by tapping the
- Quick Find can be opened by tapping on the magnifying glass at the top of the sidebar.
- Create a new page by tapping on the pencil & paper icon at the top of your sidebar.
- You can switch between light mode and dark mode directly from the sidebar.
Notifications & settingsreplaces
Settings & Membersbut only includes the ability to edit notification and calendar options and nothing else.
Help & Feedbacktriggers the same menu as the
?button at the bottom right on desktop.
Some settings are only available on desktop
On mobile, you can't take the following actions. You'll have to log in on desktop or browser.
- Delete or leave workspaces
- Upgrade your plan or edit plan or billing settings
- Add members or change member settings
- Edit workspace security settings
- Import data
- Change your account information (photo, email address, name, etc.)
The only settings you can edit on mobile are push and email notification settings and calendar settings (i.e. whether to start your calendar week on Monday or Sunday).
Add content from the mobile toolbar
Editing content on Notion pages works very differently on mobile devices.
- On desktop, you can add content blocks using slash commands (i.e.
/todo) or by hitting the
+icon that appears in the left margin on hover.
- On mobile, you need to press
+in the toolbar above your keyboard to choose what content type you want to add to your page.
- In that same toolbar, you'll see options to @-mention a page or person, add a comment, add an image, delete content, indent content, and more. On desktop, these options are usually triggered by clicking the
⋮⋮icon that appears to the left of content on hover.
Key interface differences
- You cannot select multiple blocks by tapping and dragging the same way you can click and drag on desktop. If you want to select multiple blocks, go to
•••and turn on
Page Lock. Then tap and drag.
- There are no hover states on mobile. Instead, you'll see
+icons persist. On desktop, these icons only appear on hover.
- There are no columns on mobile. Any column structure that you created on desktop will be collapsed to a single column.
I keep getting the error: "The server is taking longer than expected to respond." What's going on?You may need to check your network connection or update your version of Android.
How do I reset my Android app?You'll need to reinstall Notion from the Google Play Store. Let us know if you still have issues.
Something we didn't cover? Message us in the app by clicking
?at the bottom right on desktop (or in your sidebar on mobile). Or email us at email@example.com ✌️