Quick Findfeature lets you search across your entire workspace or jump immediately to recently visited pages.
Quick Findat the top of your sidebar (it displays as a
🔍icon on mobile).
p(one of our most popular shortcuts! ✂️).
- Our search window will pop up, containing:
- A field to enter your own search.
- Recently visited pages listed underneath for quick access.
- We search page names and content inside pages to surface the most relevant results.
- Type what you're looking for, scroll with the
arrow keys, and press
enterto jump right to that page.
- When you type your search, results will show up in real time. For top results, you'll see a preview of the content blocks on that page. You can also jump right to any of those blocks (like anchor links ⚓️).
- You can open a page in a new Notion window by pressing
- In gray under each page result, you'll see a breadcrumb for where that page is located in your workspace (i.e. the pages it's nested inside).
- Click anywhere outside the widow to close it without jumping to a page.
☰to access your left-hand sidebar.
- Tap the
🔍icon at the top right of your sidebar. That will open the search window, which will let you type in a query or tap to jump immediately to a recently-visited page.
Why am I not finding the right search results?We know our search functionality leaves some to be desired 😅 Have no fear, we're working away at it right now. In the near future, results will be generated according to relevance, not just by matching content. Stay tuned.
How can I search database content?Every database comes with its very own search. At the top of both full-page and in-line databases, you'll see a button labeled
Search. Press it and type your query. In real-time, you'll bring up the rows or cards that match that search.
Something we didn't cover? Message us in the app by clicking
?at the bottom right on desktop (or in your sidebar on mobile). Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ✌️